ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount advice

Where are the mounts on the valver? I have recently developed a knock when pulling off, feels like the lump is moving backwards, thought i might have snapped/broken a mount?

Jase

The drivers side engine mount is bolted on just infront of the OS strut top. The passenger side engine mount is under the battery, on a big ally bracket. The bolts holding the mount came loose on mine and the engine moved that much it hit the front panel. It could also be the dogbone mount, which is underneath the car. It mounts from the bellhousing to the subframe and holds the engine steady, but if it has gone soft it wont work.

Im currently waiting for a pair of bushes to come as I am making my own uprated dog bone mount.

See ya

Matt

Also do you have problems getting it into gear? If you do it is more probable that the engine mounts have gone as the engine will drop slightly so the linkage wont line up.

If not its probably the dog bone mount that has gone allowing the engine to swing fore and aft.

See ya

Matt

Gearstick?

Id get a HillPower Uprated Dogbone mount.. then see what happens.

Ive just changed all of mine, and the engine is solid now.. the HillPower Dogbone tho really helps.