ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mods + can you lower the "5k" kick so it kicks in lower down the rev range?

2002 172
as above, and what mods can i do to my engine ive heard about the matched inlets and remap exhaust decat and filter but what about fuel pressure and bigger injectors and stuff like that? also at what stage would you add them?

53 Clio's & counting
Re: engine mods + can you lower the "5k" kick so it kicks in lower down the rev range

imo chap no need for bigger injectors or higher fuel pressure, there isnt any real way without magor work to lower the kick, you get the kick as this is when the engine is working at its best for performance ('on cam' as its known)

I have heard matched inlets can give more torque lower down, giving a smoother power delivery meaning the kick isnt as noticable so that would be a good route to start with

Edit: im guessing we mean a 172, as in your side bar it says you have a 1.2?

2002 172
Re: engine mods + can you lower the "5k" kick so it kicks in lower down the rev range

oh right is there anything you can do to enhance the 5k kick like cams?
yes i have 172 02 that was old car ill update it. cheers