ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management light, please help?

Clio '02 1.4 16v
Right, a few times before when ive been low on fuel, management light has come on (flashing) and its gone in limp mode, like its miss-firing, put fuel in, its back to normal. But this time it randomly came on while i was driving, limp mode etc. so put a lot of fuel in, but nothing. Now when i fire it up the management light stays on. Ive changed the plugs, been through each coil. What im thinking maybe is, has the car got to forget the error? i disconnected the battery for 5-10mins, fired it back up, first few seconds it was fine but then light back and in limp mode. Can anyone please give me my suggestions please?
Pretty desperate, its come at a bad time, with it being bank holiday weekend, and im starting a new job Tuesday, so im stressing out big time lol. Please help :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Im going to take a stab in the dark here and guess you have a 1.2 16v?

If so then its probably something to do with the metal cover and the back of the engine, it rubs through wires and causes all sorts of faults!