ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light on!! Changed lambda sensor, cleared code and still on!! HELP!

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Had my car at auto electricians for a wee wile now. Car was off the road for approx a year, just started back and forward ( when i remembered) but when i got it going again the eml was on, tried to reset the code with my fault code reader but coudnt as it was permenant fault!

faults found were miss fire on cylinder 2 and o2 sensor bank1 sensor 2.

So the auto electrician was able to clear the codes, replace the sensor and start the car again, up comes the eml straight away. Sensor 2. when checking on live data showing strange figures!!

Swapped senors, still same.

Tested wires back to ecu, all ok!

He has now suggested an ecu problem, but im unsure.

Has anyone had an issue like this that could possibly help me or can anyone shed some light on where to go next!!

Thanks

Arctic Blue 182
Re: Engine Management Light on!! Changed lambda sensor, cleared code and still on!! H

You defo not got a misfire or is that what he fixed?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Re: Engine Management Light on!! Changed lambda sensor, cleared code and still on!! H

He cleared the fault code of the misfire!! and it never came up again, it all relates to lambda sensor but nothing seems to fix that.

Would something else bring up lambda fault apart from the sensor itself?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's

Forgot to mention, car is 2004 182.

Was the missfire in cylinder 2 chased up or just reset?

And one lambda was replaced? I'd be looking at coilpack, leads, injectors and spark plugs first, the management light may just be on because its still recognising a fault.

Tried disconnecting the battery? Had similar issue when I fitted a new steering wheel. The airbag light wouldn't go out despite having right resistors fitted. Had to disconnect the battery while rewiring a new horn and the light hasn't come on since I reconnected the battery. The ecu might store the fault code even though you've cleared it. That's assuming you don't actually have an issue of course!

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's

i know what you mean, i might try that, leave the battery off all weekend and see what happens! The wires to the sensors have been tested right up to the ecu, all are fine! The front sensor is working perfect ht e rear sensor seems to do nothing! (by what im told, i havn't saw any live data in person to confirm this). Code is cleared, when car is started the light comes on almost instantly! Have been looking on line to see if i can find any pattern of issues that seem to be same as mine, some suggest leaking injector, maybe coinsidence but when the car was started after being off the road for some period of time it brought up missfire, which since that was cleared hasn.t done again.

172 Race Car

Sensor 2 is after the cat, what one did he change?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's

both sensors are new!!

M2 Comp

I'm sure your lambda sensors are fine. It's quite normal for it to throw up a fault code for a lambda sensor if you have a misfire.

Check plugs, leads, coilpack and injectors.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's

ok, bit of an update, went to the auto electricians today, took the injectors out to test, all ok!

Tested the plugs and leads, All ok!

Run diag and still lambda fault and eml on!

Got a lend of an ecu, key and uch from a mate.

Plugged it in, started the car, hey presto no Fault!

Seems to be internal ecu fault!!

Has anyone else experienced this or had a similar issue!

Last edited: