ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine management light, electrical fault light

was driving my car pretty hard earlier, the engine management light comes on and goes into limp mode, so i take the battery off and clear it...

next time the electrical fault light comes on the dashboard, goes into limp mode.. with no engine management light...

plug it into the computer and it comes up with brake pedal sensor fault? is this correct.. would this cause the car to go into limp mode and engine management light to come on?

help help help!

come onnnnnnnnn someone must know something! ,,, i got my mate to clear the fault, and it hasnt happend since !

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Brake pedal switches in my experience just put up the 'SERV' and 'ESP' lights intermittently, I've never had the car go into 'limp' mode either with a faulty brake pedal switch.
You can buy the switches from the dealers for a little over a tenner and it's about a 30second job to swap so it's a cheap option to try to see if this clears the problem.