ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light started flashing and gear knob was bouncing around

This happened on my way to CSS13 I was in the West Midlands Convoy I drove around 90ish miles in a 1.2 16v Clio it also had 5 passengers for the first time ever, and I was doing 70-90 the majority of the journey which makes me think it was due to more stress then normal, also the car rarely sees motorway journeys.

Anyway the night before I ran the car almost dry, it had around 1-2 liters fuel left in, then I brimmed it with Shell V-Power Nitro+ for the first time I usually run the BP Ultimate stuff. So then around 2 minutes away from CSS13 I was leaving the dual carriageway (I think) and was going up the slip road which was fairly steep. Anyway just as I was getting to the top I noticed the gear stick was bouncing all over the place, I wasn't accelerating clutch was up it was out of gear. I then noticed the engine light was flashing. The gear stick after 20-30 seconds returned to normal and down the road the engine light stopped.

I haven't had a problem since, the drive back was fine but its just sitting in the back of my head this could be an underlying issues so I would like to know if anyone could possibly tell me what happened.

Also just after it happened, my dad was at Fred's (BTM) so I phoned up and got my dad to ask, Fred said it sounded like it could have been a missfire, but I didn't hear a thing, and have had no issues since.