ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light flashing!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Some of you may know about my cup not starting on another thread with the zig zag line light on the dash! Well today i managed to get the light off by unpluging sensors in the engine bay.

Problem now, is the engine light is on flashing constantly and will still not start? Gaz changed also the TDC sensor but no luck.

The car was sold today to G4Z on this forum and want to help him get it going at little cost ect...

Any ideas..............

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Waiting on diagnostics, could be the pedal sensor but cant be sure!

He say's it's an expensive fix!

He is also trying to say the car wasn't starting after the bump? I can assure you it was running fine untill my mate changed the steering wheels over!

You can ask various people on here that seen it running when they picked items up from me. I would never rip anybody off!

He knew the carawsn't running before the 200 mile trip down here, it is always going to be a gamble buying or not as you don't know the prob untill it diagnosed!

Kev.

Mondeo TDCI 130
So where is the car then? it was a non runner when collected want it?

I take it the car turns over but ust doesnt fire?!?

Have you had a diagnostic check done?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I can 100% guarantee its got nothing to do with removing the steering wheel mate :)

Chers mate.

No blame mate, but it wouldn't start after it was removed.

Gaz has bought the car from me for £850 with the turinis ect.. but not running which he knew 5 weeks before picking it up, and he has had it checked over (fook knows who by he rekons it wasn't running after the bump, when it was!) and it need's around £900 to put right! He says the computer is saying the bags have blown and something else?

He was demanding money from me to help fix! and wanted to bring it back and have a refund! but the car was bought sold as seen not running.

I can understand him being very annoyed but i have done nothing to the car except remove the interier/steering wheel with Ben.

What you think?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
So where is the car then? it was a non runner when collected want it?

I take it the car turns over but ust doesnt fire?!?

Have you had a diagnostic check done?

Gaz has it. Yes non runner when collected as said before he oput the deposit down.

Turns over but won't start.

I'm sure you could help you know your stuff!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Right, if the pretensioners fired, the air bag computer will be fucked, but that will not stop it starting?!!

When you turned the key the immoobiliser light didnt flash constantly!??

Very strange, but must be something of nothing!

M

mini-valver

Red engine light and stop light flashing? Thats the coolant warning light, Might be worth firing a CTS in. Unusual for that to make it not run though, would usually just run like a heap of s**t.

EDIT-Thinking about it, is there any coolant in there? If not, that'll be why its flashing if you;ve been cranking it for ages and ages.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Red engine light and stop light flashing? Thats the coolant warning light, Might be worth firing a CTS in. Unusual for that to make it not run though, would usually just run like a heap of s**t.

EDIT-Thinking about it, is there any coolant in there? If not, that'll be why its flashing if you;ve been cranking it for ages and ages.

Not sure mate there should be?