ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine knocking

172 cup
I've recently replaced the engine mounts on my car the driver side one the gearbox one an the dogbone now for some reason when blipping the throttle and under hard accelaration the engine knocks sounds like the manifold hitting the chassis Any recommendations why this would be happening with all new engine mounts

172 cup
Incorrect fitment? loosen top engine mount, pull the engine forward then tighten back up. Hopefully will work

Last edited:
  172 cup
I could give it a go I suppose wouldn't have thought they would have been fitted incorrectly though

172 cup
I've just this second tryed the gearbox mount the bolts seem to be wound up tight are they nut an bolt or threaded In to the car I'm no mechanic so bear with me lol

172 cup
Cheers mate an how exactly do you get to the underneath lol I think I'm slightly out of my depth

172 cup
The mounts are all tight all I can think is that the drivers side engine mount an gearbox mount are non genuine would that make a difference

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
The bolt sticking up from the gearbox has snapped...happened to mine.
It is mounted on a tripod bolt to the gearbox with three bolts ( ofcourse).
Only after i released that mount was the break apparent.