ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Help Needed Urgently ... Please

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi,

I have been suffereing from iratic revs when the car is warm and these drop so low it cuts out. I have replaced the Coil Pack, HT Leads and Spark Plugs. I also serviced the car just incase this could help anything.

I have cleaned the connectors on the exhaust which I gather are the Lambda Sensors and still the issue persists.

Just after some help as I am now losing patience and ideas to try, i was wondering if it is a some sort of sensor.

Please help guys this is big time pi**ing me off now and I believe it could be putting stress on other engine components because of the effects it ahs when driving.

Thanks,
Luke

If you have replaced all them, it sounds like it could be electrical.

Google clio black box or search on here.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I have removed the black metal box at the rear of the engine due to it being loose and wearing at the wires. These have now been covered with electrical tape to stop any shorting out.

Thanks for any help.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Sounds like the connection plug on the back of the engine is catching against the metal, causing damage to the loom, il try and find a thread on it

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Your help is much appreciated guys.

I'm at the point of breaking with this thing everthing I try is jus another fail.

James thanks for looking for a thread ive searched far and wide

ITB'd MK1
probably a loom fault. It's not just the ECU plug cover rubbing that causes problems, Got to get it on diagnostics really.

It's possible it could be a manifold/airbox gasket leak