ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Head

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Recently bought a new engine head for my TVR Tamora, this new head has has a lot of money spent on machining work and steel valve seats and collars. The head is currently just stored in a wooden box in the garage. Is there anything I should put on it to protect it eg wd40/gt85 or any type of protectant till its on the car. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341572632.497225.jpg

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'd have thought if it's in a dry place, it should be fine. WD40 or something is hardly going to hurt it though

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
PS, nice looking piece of kit though! I'd be tempted to make it into a coffee table or something!

340i
Best I've just bought a fancy head for my TVR thread ;)

Just make sure its in a dry area, that should be fine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It will be fine, no need to do anything to it, unless you are talking literally years and years till you use it?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Cheers guys I'll give it a quick coat of wd40 but should only be sat there for a month or two. I'll look into making the old head a coffee table then stick it on eBay