ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine flush

FF Clio 182
Going to do an oil change on the 182, getting mixed opinions on using an oil flush. Car is on 101k if that makes a difference.

Just want to know everyone else's opinions on it ?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yupp, it blocked my oil pick up and finished it off proper. and that's on a dirty diesel. god knows what it'll do on a petrol.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Did one in my old Lupo. Heard the same kind of stories but went for it anyway! Used Forte as it had the best reviews and it worked fine and seemed to make the car run a little better.

If a car has had regular oil changes there really is very little need for one. Good oil I can recommend though. Just put some millers nano drive in my DCI and there is a noticeable difference to the oil I had in there before.

you can buy dedicated 0w-20 flushing oil which is probably better than the wynns stuff which is basically just diesel fuel anyway.

Or the best (safest) in my opinion

1. get engine really hot, drain.
2. replace filter
3. fill with a cheap 5w-30
4. get engine hot take drive down the dual carridgeway etc.
5. drain, replace oil filter. fill with desired premium lube.

you can buy dedicated 0w-20 flushing oil which is probably better than the wynns stuff which is basically just diesel fuel anyway.

Or the best (safest) in my opinion

1. get engine really hot, drain.
2. replace filter
3. fill with a cheap 5w-30
4. get engine hot take drive down the dual carridgeway etc.
5. drain, replace oil filter. fill with desired premium lube.

So buy two filters, one literally just to do a single journey on?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it really needed flushing from sludge or other contamination. then that would be best imo of course. But it probably doesnt in this case

You really are absolutely pissing in the wind if you are trying to empty an F4R engine of contamination and dont strip it, especially things like the dephaser which can look swarf in for ages and then unleash it as a later date!

You could argue you are pissing in the wind trying to flush an engine full stop. Just giving what i thought was the best option given that most people arnt going to strip and engine to clean it lol.