ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine fitment for the 172

clio sport 172
just out of curiosity will any other engine fit in my 172? like out of a megane or a smaller engined clio. i dont mind losing the speed and power aslong as its running il be happy.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Megane engines will not fit if they are from a 6 speed car.. Different bottom end so won't match the gearbox.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Not a direct fit I don't think so.. Can you not source a replacement f4r engine? Make life easier for replacing like for like.

PH1 loads of boost!
If you're on a budget wait for a cheap F4r to come up and straight swap, you don't sound like you've got the best knowledge so something not standard is a bad idea.

You can pick up engines cheap, I've just sold my excellent running ph1 for 175 quid.

Megane r26
Theres quite a few pop up on here an ebay tbh, plus as said if your not clued up yourself It could end up costing you more in the long run to fit something else then buy an f4r