ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine ECU calibration/map question?

Clio RS182
Morning Guys,
From the information in the picture, has my vehicle had a re-map at any point? Apologies if this is a stupid question, but i'm learning still and only had access to my friends diagnostic laptop.

I was told when i purchased the vehicle that it had been remapped, but im dubious...

Thanks for any help.
Tom
picture 1.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Dont think you can tell from that I am afraid bud......looks like it has the latest Reno software at least but can't see anything related to a map.
What way was it mapped? Did they mention RSTuner etc or anything like that?

A

Clio RS182
I have no idea which way it was mapped. Nothing was mentioned about rs tuner etc... Hence why I'm reluctant to go spend money on an rs tuner if it's already done?!

2003 Clio 172
if you know anyone with an RSTuner they will be able to read the ECU for you without unlocking etc

Its quite obv in RSTuner to see if it was mapped

A

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Tell tale signs of an RSTuner map is a higher cold start idle of around 1100-1200rpm then dropping to about 800-900rpm and raised rev limit when warm to 7500.

Clio RS182
Next question would be if anyone has an rs tuner in Dorset area I use for beer tokens I guess? Either that or I buy one, but funds are low straight after Christmas...

Clio RS182
tbh honest, im thinking i buy an RS tuner and stick an overrun map on her and see how it goes?
And i able to pull the map from the car and save it? just in case?
Regards,

2003 Clio 172
Because people like "bang" and will pay bucks for it.
It really isn't good for the engine bud, cat or no-cat. There is a brutal NSFL thread floating about here showing an engine that expired with a bang/pop map
Just to warn you.....it's a sad thread.
Bring tissues.

BG Clio 182
Idle is a giveaway. I have a map on my car but I am in the same boat as you, I don't know by who or what brand. My hot idle is around 1050-1100, cold idle is around 1400-1500. Have not had a chance to test my limiter yet.

BG Clio 182
Mine definately idles at 1050 to 1100, and it went right past 7500 today on the way home so I am thinking I might have a different map than RS. Maybe I really do have the 197 cams in there haha.