ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Detailing

Bye Bye 182....
Hi Peeps.

Just decided to show what Ive done to the engine in the car today. Ive sprayed the engine cover, polished the fuel rail, added a SS Battery Cover and covered all the hoses making then blue.

Im waiting on the strut top covers from Hillpower (Should be here in a few days) and a strut brace that I can spray the same colour as the engine cover.

Then the final mod will be to save some money and get my plenham polished and then bo selecta!! So what do you think?

All comments welcomed.

Attachments

• 100_0277.JPG
    100_0277.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0278.JPG
    100_0278.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0279.JPG
    100_0279.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_0280.JPG
    100_0280.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0281.JPG
    100_0281.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 61
  Bye Bye 182....
kullycliosport said:
nice 1 adam................lookin good , will b comin 4 a closer look :approve:

Anytime mate.

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make it a little bit more unique under the bonnet. Thought it would look better with the same spray as the car with a lot of laquer and protector. That means It will only take 5 mins per week maintenance to keep it like this.

Any more suggestions on what else is available in the engine dressing dept bar a bailey ss header tank and strut brace such as maybe chrome bolts or the fuse box cover?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Absoloutley mint mate. If it has both cup packs, and you still have it in 2-3 years, I'll buy it off you!

Civic Type-R
Very impressive :) Looks really good does that! Where did you get the battery cover from, and did you use special paint for the engine cover? Looks very nice!

Bye Bye 182....
RacerStu said:
Very impressive :) Looks really good does that! Where did you get the battery cover from, and did you use special paint for the engine cover? Looks very nice!

The battery cover was from Ebay approx £15. To paint the cover I got the same colour as my car made up then used lots of heat resistant laquer to finish it off.

I just had the strut brace and ss strut covers delivered this morning from Hillpower so that should top it off nicely until I can save to have some more work done.

Bye Bye 182....
The covers were obtained through a mate at a discount price and you will have loads left over to do even more than I did. I can get the hoses in red, pink, blue, green and black and they cost £39.99 delivered to your address if anyone wants any.

Bye Bye 182....
Got the strut covers fitted and some engine decals on there now. All I need is to spray the strut brace and have the plenham polished.