ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine damage

clio dci , ren8
So your thinking of skimming the head again & raising the compression on a turbo charged car even more . Not a good idea

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I understand it's not ideal but it's not the end if the world. I'd be taking hardly anything off.

i don't really see another option unless I learn how to s**t money tbh

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You can run a turbo car on almost stock compression. It's all in the mapping, whether it survives or not.

While thats true, it also of course depends on manifold design and how much power you are going for etc, if you end up with too much ignition r****d to avoid det that you'll have to run it so rich to keep it cool that power starts to drop off, so ultimately there is a limit of how far you can go on any combination of fuel and CR.

(I know you know this, but just wanted to expand on your reply for those who dont)

While thats true, it also of course depends on manifold design and how much power you are going for etc, if you end up with too much ignition r****d to avoid det that you'll have to run it so rich to keep it cool that power starts to drop off, so ultimately there is a limit of how far you can go on any combination of fuel and CR.

(I know you know this, but just wanted to expand on your reply for those who dont)

Very true, I was particularly aiming at Jaff's setup, we know he's not going for massive numbers.

Westfield, 182, 200
Reminds me of the pistons I've taken out of my 2 stroke 350LC over the years, got one in the garage just like it!

Looks like detonation to me too.

On a bike it would be fuel starvation, too advanced ignition or too much compression.