ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine cover torx

Milltek'd 182
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh f@$%^ ing &££"$() irfjg&$£">$%^ ing &££"$() irfjg&$£^&%$

was trying to adjust my plenum today (following my inlet fitted thread...!) and the last f*&king torx screw has been screw'd in soooo tight. ive threaded the inside trying to undo it, ive tried everything bar drilling it out to move it. any adivce? :(

oh and has anyone got a spare one going? its the back right

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Try hammer a really sharp, thin file and twist, otherwise drill and reverse theads it is

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Had the same problem,just got a screwdriver that fitted it then gave it a couple of taps with a hammer and that loosened them up - just bought some bolts to go in there instead, easier to screw/unscrew!

Milltek'd 182
yea i'm going to leave it off i think!! i had a go at hammering a sharp screwdriver i had but no luck. i might have a go with the molegrips, otherwise its scary drill time!

cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How do ya know you've threaded it if you can't get it out ? If its just tight , try gettting the engine hot , i've seen somebody mention on here they couldn't get theirs out until the engine was hot . Always worth a try . Failing that drill and use a stud extractor .

Milltek'd 182
sorry i didnt mean threaded it, i ment worn the inside away if you get that? i tried it cold, which was when the torx bit first slipped so i tried it hot and it still didnt budge so i kept trying in hope, but it just kept slipping until there was no head thread (if thats the right name) left!!