ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine coolant help

Hi guys,
Searched a few threads here but cant seem to find anything, had my car to rstuning today and when paul had it on the rollers he noticed the engine coolant level was quite high above max level, its always been just under the max level normally, once the engine has cooled down it drops back down to its original level, it only rises alot when the you give the car a bit of stick, under normal driving its fine it dosent rise, engine temperature is perfect and the car runs fine, paul said it could be an airlock? anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks
Dean

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely it expands slightly as it gets hot? Like pretty much everything. Every car I've had the coolant rises after a good hard drive.

Surely it expands slightly as it gets hot? Like pretty much everything. Every car I've had the coolant rises after a good hard drive.

Thats what i thought it was tbh, never rises if taken steady just rises after a bit of a thrashing :D, nothing to worry about here then?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Mine always rises up to near the max line once driven and got fully warm. It sits on just above halfway when cold too.

Mine sits just below max level normally, the book says it should be in between min and max, will i need to take some of mine out or will it be ok how it is?