ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine coolant fan circuit???

Hi,

Just been doing a bit of work on my car and decided to have a play with the new fault reader the garage has bought. It came back with this

"High speed engine coolant fan circuit present - open circuit"

I was told that this would stop the fan from coming on. Although I've owned it for a year, I cant say that I ever have heard it on... I've read on here that its not uncommon for them to hardly ever come on.
My temperature guage never goes above half way. Even when I'm in a bad traffic jam or give it a bit of stick it always copes fine with it.

Can anyone shed any light on this? What it is? What it does? and where it's located?

Thanks everyone!

Clio Williams & 182
Probably the radiator temperature sensor/switch for the fan. Can test it works by unplugging it and, making sure you are insulated, bridging the plug connections. Fan should come on.

Golf GTD Mk7
you'll know if the fan is working by turning on the aircon and looking under the bonnet. it's quite quiet really

172 cup
sorry to bring this up again my car says exatcly same when plugged in and not heard or seen fan come on did you solve this or any ideas cheers