ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine control relay

booked my car in to have it diagnosed as to what was preventing it from not starting. they have come back to me saying the engine control relay is not earthing therefore preventing the car from starting.
they have bridged 2 connections and hey presto the car runs as per usual.
i've been given a wiring diagram and also along with a reference to see if i can run through a see whats up.

anyone else good with renault electrics i could run through which connections on the relay are/aren't working?

Either the electronic fault indicator light or the red stop light (to the right of the electronic fault indicator) would illuminate without this bridged connection. With the connection the car and electronics behave as they should.

can anyone suggest anything? going to have a look at the wiring (trace it back and see if there are any problems on Sunday), but if there's anything else anyone could suggest it would be much appreciated.