ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Blown Help Needed.

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
Okay so i was racing a Mk2 in my 1.4 mk1 and i blew my engine, yay!!

So im very depressed, but..all i want to know is will a mk2 engine fit in a mk1? i've got one reserved for £175 and i can get someone to fit it for £50, but basically all i need to know...does it slot straight in?

Okay so i was racing a Mk2 in my 1.4 mk1 and i blew my engine, yay!!

So im very depressed, but..all i want to know is will a mk2 engine fit in a mk1? i've got one reserved for £175 and i can get someone to fit it for £50, but basically all i need to know...does it slot straight in?

surely the person that is going to fit it for you should know if it will fit??

Its more than just mounts you need.

Do a search i started a huge post on this.

Its more tenhical than just fitment. Anyone who'll fit it for £50 stupid dn't go there they havn't a clue.

williams and trophy
i have a complete 1.8 16v lump, can be heard running for 100 quid ;)

could have all the loom/clocks etc for 150 for

williams and trophy
yes mate, the engine will drop straight in, you would need the loom etc tho as the 1.2 one would be useless for the 1.8.

there is everything there for a conversion tho, eng, shafts, brakes, hubs,shox/springs, minus box, even an almost complete 1.8 valver trim, very clean minus front doorcards, as well for the complete valver lookylike ;)