ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay tick, not dephaser?

Abarth 595 Comp
Yesterday I noticed a ticking noise coming from the engine bay (only noticed when the engine was warm), initially I thought dephaser, so I left it over night and started it up cold, and if I'm right in saying, a noisy dephaser isnt that apparently when starting cold, but when I started cold, the tick was still there just not as loud.

Also, I reviewed the worn dephaser videos in the sticky and it isn't the same kind of noise, so I'm starting to think it isn't the dephaser. Any ideas? This is the video of the noise (taken when first discovered, warm engine)

Car currently has 93500miles on it and the aux belt and tensioner and idle wheel for the belt were all changed on wednesday with genuine renault parts. Cheers

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
If you remove the carbon canister you need to plug the pipe and fit a 23ohm resistor into the wiring or the toxic light indicator will come on, on the dash....

Abarth 595 Comp
Thanks for the replies, going to give it a going over tomorrow, check spark plugs first, then see about the carbon canister

Abarth 595 Comp
Got hold of another carbon canister, the solenoid is just the small circular part on top where the connection and the tube plugs in, right? I don't have to actually change the whole unit

Abarth 595 Comp
Pretty sure its not the carbon canister, cant get at the sparkplugs right now and dont have a socket for them anyway, cant really tell the location of the tick by ear