ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Bay Pics

hi guys can everyine with tidy bays post of here pretty please and what you have done to it to make it mint thanks again

VRS
;) explained whats done in the pm matey

engine002.jpg

andy

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Seen this pic a few times , lol , one of the best lookin engine bays imo :)

cheers guys sorry did not realise there was another post...search may have helped he he!! can you get paint to put on the engine rather than polish it where can you get this from cos halfords say they dont do it only as a spray
and i dont want any over spray cheers guys..thinking about red????? combined with a red elbow and red strut brace???? what you guys think?????????

VRS
cheers guys sorry did not realise there was another post...search may have helped he he!! can you get paint to put on the engine rather than polish it where can you get this from cos halfords say they dont do it only as a spray
and i dont want any over spray cheers guys..thinking about red????? combined with a red elbow and red strut brace???? what you guys think?????????

just take the plenium off and then you wont get overspray :D its a 10minute job to remove it matey

jph172 (james) used red plasticote on his and it was fine, you can get this from places like mfi b&q etc

hope this helps

these pics are amazing thanks guys can i ask makker how do you remove the plenum bearing in mind i have no mechanical skills...how many coats would i have to build up cheers again

VRS
just carefully unplug everything on the plenium (breathers etc) then unscrew the bolts (10mm) with a socket! i think there are around 10 including the 4 on the coil pack, lift up the coil pack (thing on the top with the four cables coming out) and then carefully lift off the plenium!

be careful with the metal gasket under the plenium as you dont want to knacker it as you will need it when u put the plenium back on! you are supposed to use a new one everytime you take it off but if your careful you can get away with using the same one!

as for number of coats, i would say just apply thinly and evenly and build up the layers until you are satisfied! maybe 3ish coats?

cheers guys thanks for that extra help and info i will have a think on..just thinking about painting the egine parts red with a carbon engine cover and carbon battery cover.mmmmmmmmmm

cheers for that mate...not too sure now i have seen it after allhe he ..whats the stages process of polishing the area up and where do you get that stuff from maka you were saying that you spray on??????????????

could you use one of the dremel multi tool thingys for polishing!! i have one with a wire wool attachment would that do the job quicker? cheers

VRS
u can use a dremel but be really careful as the metal is soft and if you are too heavy with the power tools you can take too much off and make it harder to polish up! wet and dry can be bought from places like halfords in loads of different grades! buy as many grades as you can and work through them from roughest to finest until you get a lovely shiny finish

CLIO

just take the plenium off and then you wont get overspray :D its a 10minute job to remove it matey

jph172 (james) used red plasticote on his and it was fine, you can get this from places like mfi b&q etc

hope this helps

il correct andy its JPW172...lol...will post some pics soon

cheers james