ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Bay Cleaning?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Couple of quick questions regarding engine bay cleaning.

Someone on here recently posted a link to some pipe dressing that you could get in different colours? All I want is a yellow pipe stuff to cover the black pipers in my engine bay as I don't want to shell out for a Samco kit. I can't for the life of me find the link, I've had a search but can't find it.

Also, how is the easiest way to get all the dirt out of the hard to reach placed in the engine bay? Its really tight to get your hand into a few places, any tips?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
can't think of any pipe available to cover existing pipes, other than the heli coilled stuff that you just wrap around, generally used to stop a pipe rubbing against something.

with regards to cleaning, go into you local supermarket, pick up the cheapest all purpose cleaner like Daisy etc dilute it down at least 1:1 with water, more water if there not too greasy and a simple detailing brush like:
http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Soft_Round_Wheel_brush_1.html
They also done various ranges of degreasers and APC's but more expensive than your supermarket. 'cliosport' voucher code gets you 7.5% discount with i4d

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I think thats the one, do they do yellow though? could of sworn the one I had the link to did yellow?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thank you. The first link you posted from the other thread, last time I looked, it was that same pipe but they had a yellow option? I like that corrugated look, I can't message the seller either to ask and there isnt much detail on the ad.