ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine bay before and after pics

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
here are a few pics one when i bought the car and one i took today after fitting the new hoses :D

before

10042008033.jpg

after

IMG_0116.jpg

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Where did you get the covers for the sound proofing?

Really liking that.

the orange cover is the one for the aircon box, its behind the fireproofing (i just ripped it all out and had the manifold wrapped instead of making a new one) and it only cost £50 to have it done whoop whoop :approve:

Looks great mate :)

the orange cover is the one for the aircon box, its behind the fireproofing (i just ripped it all out and had the manifold wrapped instead of making a new one) and it only cost £50 to have it done whoop whoop :approve:

Sorry if this sounds silly.

What do you mean for the one for the air con box ?

Is that a metal plate thing screwed on top of the original soundproofing ?

Or just the original sound proofing cut out and the bulkhead painted orange ?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Looks great mate :)

Sorry if this sounds silly.

What do you mean for the one for the air con box ?

Is that a metal plate thing screwed on top of the original soundproofing ?

Or just the original sound proofing cut out and the bulkhead painted orange ?

the sound proofing has been taken out, behind there is a removable pannel so you can get to the air con box, that has been taken out and painted orange

if you need a closer pic i'll take one for you

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
They sfs performance hoses? i just ordered my yesterday. how much was the induction hose? looks mint mate. what have you replaced the heat proof mate with at the back?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
They sfs performance hoses? i just ordered my yesterday. how much was the induction hose? looks mint mate. what have you replaced the heat proof mate with at the back?

yeah they are sfs hoses, good luck with the heater matrix pipes mine were a b**ch, i f you need a hand pm me and i'll send you my mobile number to tell you the way i did mine,
the heatproofing has been thrown away and i had the manifold wrapped instead, the orange panel is behind the heatproofing (it was originally black but i had it painted)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
o kool cheers mate appreciate that. me best mates a mechanic so should be fine, yer i popped into sfs hoses yesterday proper sound people there. how much did you pay? what mods have you done to get 181.6bhp?

the sound proofing has been taken out, behind there is a removable pannel so you can get to the air con box, that has been taken out and painted orange

if you need a closer pic i'll take one for you

Ah ok i did wander.

A closer pic would be great mate :)

Cheers

Richard

Golf GTD Mk7
What you spend the 250quid on mark? Looks good. Did you get the exhaust heat wrapped while it was on? or did they have to remove the mani and do it off the car? New gasket etc?

340i
It would be a struggle to wrap while on the car!! He had it removed same time as cambelt change...

As for the money side of things, I am sure Mark will confirm later..

SFS hoses £150'ish

Bailey header tank ???

Powdercoating ???

Paint work ???

and the few other little parts he has tidied up.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
What you spend the 250quid on mark? Looks good. Did you get the exhaust heat wrapped while it was on? or did they have to remove the mani and do it off the car? New gasket etc?

Silicone hoses £170

Bailey header tank £80 second hand

Powdercoating £80

Battery cover £25

Paintwork £25 Just the cost of paint

Bead blasting on cam cover engine mount and a few other bits £35

Few more bits to be powder coated so i'd say £50

so would be looking closer to £500 than £250 :eek:

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
ah ok. Is it easy to remove the exhaust without having to do anything to the engine?

its a total pig to remove from the car

if i'm correct you have to lower the sub frame to get it off, think i paid £50-£70 to have it done (as grey said i had some other work done and paid it all in one £709 so i'm not sure)