ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML Pre-Cat won't go away

HardacreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Took my car for it's MOT couple of weeks ago which failed on emissions and the CO/Lambda was out, assumed this was the pre-cat lambda. I got that replaced with one I had (Bosch) and the print out from the garage that replaced it looked normal again (0.04 out on CO cause of aftermarket CAT). Went to take it to the retest and the EML came on, 02 Sensor Heater Matrix (bank 1 sensor 1), so I changed for another Lambda (still Bosch) I had lying around cleared the code and seemed good. Drove it around 5 miles and when I restarted the EML came back on with the same error as before. I didn't want to assume that I couldn't have been unlucky and had a couple of duff sensors so just bought a genuine one and it's still throwing the code. ?

Is there anything else unrelated to the sensor that can cause it to throw the EML on the pre-cat? It doesn't seem to be misfiring or running on 3 cylinders.

(I also replaced the post-cat in case it was throwing the wrong bank or something and have replaced Coil Pack/Leads/Injectors for genuine within the last 18-24 months).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Checked for damage to the wring on the plug or anywhere else on the loom?