ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML on after refitting cat (182)

Arctic Blue 182FF
After decating my car and leaving the lambda sensor outside the decat in order to avoid EML issues, the light came on anyway and stayed on (solid).

Since then I have removed the decat and replaced the cat, putting the lambda sensor back in and the light remains on.

The exhaust is leaking slightly from cat to centre section join and there is also some sort of hot/burning smell coming from the car.

Any ideas?

After decating my car and leaving the lambda sensor outside the decat in order to avoid EML issues, the light came on anyway and stayed on (solid).

Since then I have removed the decat and replaced the cat, putting the lambda sensor back in and the light remains on.

The exhaust is leaking slightly from cat to centre section join and there is also some sort of hot/burning smell coming from the car.

Any ideas?

Did you clear the codes ? They are stored codes so they don't just disappear when the fault is rectified , you have to clear the codes !

If you left the sensor out then chances are it will have a code for the rear sensor ,but for your info I've ran my 182 for nearly a year on a decat with sensors fitted and its got no lights , I would recommend using 98ron fuel or more but it seams to stay off !

To cure the light you will need it plugging in and clearing

Clio 182
I had roughly the same issues I had the burning smell... My cat to manifold joint was leaking I had it done at a garage but due to wrong fitting its leaking and the eml light is on solid. It's having a new fitting kit fitted and fingers crossed will take the light off :)