ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eml light flashing and rotten egg smell

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Coming home tonight and the eml starts flashing and a horrible stink of egg. I have read up and I think I know what's happening but just wondering what order I should go when looking to replace parts? Will plugging it in tell me what is failing?

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So.... attempted to have a go at fixing it tonight and did the screwdriver to the ear test on the injectors and all 4 are clicking. So i checked the plugs and none are sooted up. Upon starting the engine the idle turns to lumpy immediately and the light starts flashing. Going to plug it in to a Delphi tool in a little while when it turns up.

Do faulty injectors still click?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
So.... attempted to have a go at fixing it tonight and did the screwdriver to the ear test on the injectors and all 4 are clicking. So i checked the plugs and none are sooted up. Upon starting the engine the idle turns to lumpy immediately and the light starts flashing. Going to plug it in to a Delphi tool in a little while when it turns up.

Do faulty injectors still click?

Yes but the spray pattern can be weak.

Unplug the connector on them one by one and see which one doesn't make much of a difference to the idle.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
We got a code df110 but couldn't find anything to say what cylinder. If the injectors are all clicking will checking the resistance of them be pointless?

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thought I would try unplugging the injectors one by one as suggested but all 4 gave a big drop off. So not sure if it's an injector?? I will do the leads and plugs then go from there.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I did the resistance test on the injectors. All said 14.7 except no.3 which was 10.2 so changed it and it worked 👍 i suspect there is still some unburnt fuel in the cat as it is still a but eggy. Needs a blast up a12 and back I think. Thanks for your input