ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML light and limp mode

2003 172
Hi all,

Since i got my 172 i have had it drop into limp mode twice. Each time i have switched off and restarted and its been fine again.
Last night i had it drop into limp mode, EML light came on and the little rectangle light with the heart rate monitor looking symbol.
I switched off and restarted again but its stayed in limp mode. after the 4th or 5th time of switching off the limp mode cleared (and the heart rate symbol) but the EML light has stayed on?
Any ideas? is there a fault code reader i can buy? i had a cheap fsuper2 diagnostic for my mondeo which was reasonably cheap.

I also have an issue where i drive to work the car is fine but when i finish work i have a misfire at low throttle positions for a minute or so

2003 172
Dropped into limp mode again today. Turned it off and on again and it cleared. Orange engine light is still on.

Can anyone recommend a particular Diagnostic? Ebay has loads of obd-2 scanners but dont want to waste the money