ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Light On

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Hey folks,

Had a decat on for a few hundred miles now and the emissions light has just come on.

I take it since it has stayed on, that once its on it stays on until its reset? If so, how do i reset it?

Also, what should i do about the light coming on? Do i need to get it checked out or is it ok to just leave it?

Cheers!

Either put up with it being on or take the pre cat lambda sensor out and tie it up under the car and bung the hole with a suitable bolt.

Then get a code reader plugged in to reset it and it won't come on again if you have done the above

Evo 8 MR
Either put up with it being on or take the pre cat lambda sensor out and tie it up under the car and bung the hole with a suitable bolt.

Then get a code reader plugged in to reset it and it won't come on again if you have done the above

I think you mean POST cat lambda.

172/1.2/E30
If you tie the pre cat sensor away, the car will run like a bag of whatever. Pre cat -> used for engine management ; post cat -> used to check the catalytic converter efficiency.