ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions light flashing

clio 182 trophy
The engine light, which I think is the emissions light (yellow engine outline with no sign inside) started flashing today. As i started driving i felt something was not right as it felt a little hesitant, but not majorly. After about 15miles of motorway as I was leaving the roundabout this light started flashing. It did it about 6 times and then went off. Happened again on two separate occasions. It seemed to be driving fine, but as I was far from home I had to keep driving.
Is this likely to be a lambda sensor issue? I have had one of the sensors changed about a year ago and iirc there are two? Is there any other problem it could be?

Many thanks, Steff.

182 Trophy
I have just replied to another similar thread. I had same problem and it turned out to be a faulty injector. There was actually 2 of them faulty

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My Cup was doing this to... New injector on No.3 resolved it. I've got a new set coming now as the others can't be far behind.

clio 182 trophy
My Cup was doing this to... New injector on No.3 resolved it. I've got a new set coming now as the others can't be far behind.
I have just replied to another similar thread. I had same problem and it turned out to be a faulty injector. There was actually 2 of them faulty
Ok thanks very much. How expensive a job is changing an injector? Would it be best to change all 4? I know i need new spark plugs so is it best to get it all done at the same time?
Misfiring atall?
How do you tell exactly?

Thanks for all the replies.

clio 182 trophy
Close, a flashing EML indicates potential for damaging the CAT
I had a look and can get a new injector for about 40quid. Is that expensive or a good price? Will i have to change all 4 at the same time or can i hold on until next month when i can change all the spark plugs too?

182 Trophy
I got my injectors from Ren Parts on ebay. They were £32 delivered. I only changed the faulty injectors. Check them or get someone else to check them with the multimeter first, to see if they are the problem.

clio 182 trophy
Turns out it was misfiring. The mechanic said
I got my injectors from Ren Parts on ebay. They were £32 delivered. I only changed the faulty injectors. Check them or get someone else to check them with the multimeter first, to see if they are the problem.
ok that's great, thanks very much.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just get a second hand set on from here. Reckon a rail with injectors will be about £30 ish.

clio 182 trophy
Just get a second hand set on from here. Reckon a rail with injectors will be about £30 ish.
I think it is a bit late to do that as the car is going in later to either be done later today or tomorrow morning, but thanks for the help. I am just hoping it is something not that expensive as had a tough couple of months. If the car is running ok and not using water, is there a chance of it being the head gasket? Any other possibilities?