ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Fail 182

Clio 182
Hi all,

Had the EML light show up when i took my 182 in for a service the diagnostic said the cat had failed, the code was reset and hasn't show back since.
Thought i best get the emissions checked and it failed on the co reading 0.86

Would my the first to change be the cat as it looks like someone has fitted a non standard one to it at some point ?
The garage has also said i should think about changing the lamda senors at the same time are they just after extra cash or is that correct ?
They also mentioned replacing them as it felt down on power.

Here is a picture of the cat thats been fitted

IMAG0560.jpg

Thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try swapping the precat lambda sensor with the post cat lambda sensor first . They are the same sensor but it's the precat lambda sensor that is the important one for fuelling . That's before splashing out a chunk of cash on 2 new lambda sensors and Cat . Like you say , it's a none standard Cat you have there and it looks like it's been welded in so would be alot more work , time and money etc .... than just swapping to another Cat .

Clio 182
Thanks will give that a try, found the lambda sensors fairly cheap on ebay is there a quality different with a cheap one? What's a reasonable price to pay for a good one just incase I need one :(