ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emergency head unit question

Hello all. I just got my new clio dynamique s and it turns out there is a USB, aux and ipod connector fitted into the glovebox compartment and I had ordered a JVC KD-R821BT ready to fit when i got the car as i didnt expect it to have those extra connections.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if the JVC unit will be able to take advantage of the extra USB and aux connections already fitted into the car?

Will the sound quality improve with the new head unit?

Will the bluetooth calling function of the jvc unit be able to be controlled via the steering controls with the necessary stalk adaptor connected?

If anyone can answer these asap i will be very grateful as i arranged for it all to be fittes tomorrow morning and will not open the head unit box if it will not work.

Thanks in advance.

Sound quality will improve a fair bit (definitely noticeable a difference)

You will not be able to use the USB/aux/ipod box with the JVC unit. I suspect the box you're on about is the "Renault Tunepoint." As far as I'm aware a renault-cd-changer to jvc-cd-changer adapter does not exist.

If your headunit uses volume, source, >> and << for it's bluetooth functions then it may work. I say "may work" as the stalk adaptors don't garuntee 100% functionality. In all likelihood the HU will use some buttons that do not exist on your stalk control.

Thanks so much mate. Well the headunit has bluetooth and can directly control a subwoofer. Now you say the sound will be better im sold to fit it :)

You'll soon forget about stalk controls anyway. I keep toying with the idea and sure it'd be nice, but for the £35 or so that the patch cable & adaptor costs I think I'll just go to the effort of raising my arm to the left a bit and changing volume the old-school way...

I'd recommend having a quick blast with the standard headunit just so you can gauge the improvement in SQ at volume. It'll definitely sound better than standard, but it won't compare with a proper amplified speaker/sub setup. That HU has got iPod/iPhone control via USB anyway, so it'll do exactly as the tunepoint box will do except sound better and have bluetooth (which I assume is important otherwise you wouldn't have got a BT one!)

P.S. Those tunepoint boxes were about £70 new IIRC, so it may be worth selling it and getting some money back off the HU.