ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emerald Stand Alone ECU's

just wondering if anyone on here had used them before, i was going to go to clive attowe tuning and get my car remapped properly and my mate suggested his guy who is just 10 minutes down the road from me and offers fitted and mapped stand alones for around 700 quid, I'm going to go see him saturday but before i went to see him just wondered if anyone had any expierence with him, ive heard he's quite popular with the saxo forums.

http://www.emeraldm3d.com

Thanks Olly

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've heard good things about Emerald BUT Omex seem the No.1 choice for the RS'

I've just bought the RSTuner mate so once I've had my Service an Inlets I'll be installing it so you can always take a drive in mine and see what you think cos I could always do yours afterwards for the cost of the Unlock :)

yea can do mate, i just know its got serious over fueling problems after that ktec remap, its total screwed everything and its not performing how it should do on the rolling road it went on, thru up all kinds of problems down at apt, and want to get the most out of it i can and with proper remap being £350 paying a bit more and having 3 different maps and having everything there to alter it as i want seems too good to be true really.

yea well if i got a standalone, then i can allways do them at a later stage and pay 80 quid for it to be mapped again, so has its advantages like that aswell

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Only heard good stuff about emerald, a friend runs one on their Seicento with a 1.4 16v conversion and i'll definately be getting one for my turbo Conversion on the 205..

Even taking it to get Mapped by Dave Walker isn't that expensive :cool:

ValverInBits
^^ has dave still got a 3 month waiting list?

I've heard good and bad things about emerald, mostly good. I think I'll be using emerald. Omex seems pretty good. It certinally does ALOT more than their CRAP website makes out it does (cheers Andy @gdi for the demo)

I would strongly advise you change your lambda for a bosch replacement (£50 or £60 quid). It's such a common cause of overfuelling.

MBE is also well worth looking at. 992 or the upgraded version of it 94A will run a Clio no problem at all, has single CAN bus, simple VVT control, is fully weather sealed so can live in the engine bay etc. etc. It's what Caterham use to run the Cosworth Duratecs in the CSR 7's.

Available from SBDev for £560. I quite rate MBE to be honest - okay Easimap isn't exactly easy to map with but once you're used to it its okay and the ECU's are tought and accurate enough for sub 10,000RPM engines.

MBE9A4-ECU-details.gif

Cheers
M

i'm going to go and see him on saturday morning as long as he's open and see what he has to offer.

will be having a look at an MBE system aswell in a bit more detail.