ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ello newbie

Hi All

Off to buy a 182 this week.....

Couple of questions that I cant really find a clear answer to on the net.

1 Is it worth going for a 182 cup or should I just buy the 182 cup with the suspension pack on- which is what I really want.

2 Should I not be able to find a 182 with the suspention pack - can I get Renault to retro fit it?

Cheers

Jake

Depends what is important to you. If you want comfort then get a Full Fat with Leather, climate control, etc. The vital clue to it having a suspension pack is the Anthracite coloured wheels. If you can get one with both Cup packs then go for it. What colour are you after? Most cups are Inferno or racing blue. Anyway good luck and hope you get the right car, you'll love it.

If you don't get the cup pack there are several lowering kits out there which I am sure that other members can advise you about.

Well I'd like the modern luxuries as its going to be my daily comute car and play thing- going from having a company car and toy to just the 1 car.

The extra interior bits wont really bother me enough when I blast it round donno.. but the suspension bits obviously will matter.

I've seen a racing blue one I like....... with low miles for about 9k....

Is there another way to tell as wheels are obviously changeable.

Jake

Racing Blues were available as a Cup as well as Full Fat. There's no real way of telling if it has a cup suspension if wheels have been changed. There were 433 Racing blue 182s sold of which 343 had the suspension pack. So the chances are that it is more likely to have the Cup packs.

1 Is it worth going for a 182 cup or should I just buy the 182 cup with the suspension pack on- which is what I really want.

2 Should I not be able to find a 182 with the suspention pack - can I get Renault to retro fit it?

1) The 182 Cup's all had the suspension pack fitted as standard it was the normal ones which had the suspension pack as an option.
2) Yep forget it cost wise though.

The extra interior bits wont really bother me enough when I blast it round donno.. but the suspension bits obviously will matter.

Is there another way to tell as wheels are obviously changeable.
Try a car without the Cup setup suspension you might be superised the difference isn't huge.

Measure the distacne between the center of the two front bolt hubs 60mm and its got the cup suspension pack 54mm and its a none cuped 182.