ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ello everyone

Clio 1.2 8v M2
Hi everyone, My names Jack and i drive a 1.2 8v, its very slow :dapprove: But its goodwood green and 5 door and revs to 6500rpm which is pretty nice :D its my first car so its all good, ive been on the road for 3 months legally even though im 23 but i did alot of karting etc when i was younger, just never got around to getting a license, i also have been playing Gran Turismo since i was a kid upto now :p Na really im a proper fanatic, i use a G25.. for those that no what im on about. Just before we go any further i know nothing about cars in the technical sense, i mean i have trouble replacing a headlight bulb so in advance please forgive me if i ever come out with any naive comments or ideas.

So basically im here because i want my next car to be a Clio sport. ive decided to save 2000 pounds and buy one, the insurance will be mega but hopefully the sale of my current car will cover it (almost). Its been a decision ive being trying to make for a while now, i had a dillema you see. I was desperate to get more power out of my Clio but its just pointless it being a 1.2 and all. Then i decided that id try and get someone to put a 1.4 16v engine in it for me, i had high hopes and thought it was a great idea until every mechanic i asked said they didnt want to do it :( So then i just run out of ideas and thought, i may aswell just buy a new car, but the problem with that was ive grown attached to my First car and even named it:eek: (girlfriend persuaded me). So i had to rethink. I even had crazy ideas of converting my 1.2 to 2l rwd :rolleyes:

Eventually i decided enough is enough and if i wanted more power id have to be patient and wait until i get my no claims bonus (hopefully), but then i had another lil problem, i had to decide what i wanted. Ive always always always wanted a Rear wheel drive car so i thought right im going to get a M2 Mazda MX5 S 1.8 Convertible..But then common sense and logic hit me and i remembered i have friends i have to pick up sometimes and a dog i sometimes put on the backseat to take out for a walk and also a load of Kiteboarding gear that takes up room when i want to go out. So ive decided a Cliosport is the car i will be getting next and it will probably be my car for a very long time and i will take it to many tracks and then come home to put my dog on the back seat and take him down the beach :) I would also love to one day convert it to RWD but im dreaming haha.

Ile be posting regularly and asking lots of questions, some of them probably stupid btw lol.

cheers

Jack