ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electronic fault light - the car in limp mode

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi everyone,
Just drove today to work. after about 15 minutes of driving stopped at junction. Then pulled and about at 20 mph the electronic fault light came on. Only it without any other light. The car go up at rpm only to 3K so I understand that it in limp mode.
Any suggestion what is the fault ? If I'll disconnect the battery, It will reset the fault ? just want to be sure that this is a true fault.

History:
One day ago I checked my friend's TB because he tought that his is faulty. I disconnected the battery then put his TB and reconnected the battery and started the car. Everything was fine so I disconnected the battery and replaced back my TB and then reconnected the battery. Drove yesterday about 50 miles before this light came on so I suggest that this not have any relation to the problem, or I missing something ?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Ok, Started the car again and the light gone.:dapprove:
also, plugged it to U380 scanner but this scanner is a crap ! It not show anything.:mad:

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Just came home from work. Drove it an about half of hour. No lights, no strange behavior, nothing.
Now I'm really confused.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Fluke ? The light stayed about 6 minutes before I turned the car off.
Could it be related to car electrics like Xenon (bulb, charge pack, sensor) or other any electrical system related to UCH ? Does the UCH fault will show this light ?
I'm confused because on the way back from work It not accured and I just don't want to spend money on a scanner check for nothing.
Guys, What systems of the car can show this light ? injection ? electrical systems ?
This is definatly not lamda or coilpack because then it will show the check engine light.
For now I don't have a clue what is it.:(

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Have you washed it? I had this it, ithowed throttle pedal fault, the day after. the light went out after 5 hours of being parked fault hasnt returned

Clio MkII 172 K reg
No, I washed it 2 days before and since then drove more than 60 miles.
so what you recommend ? to wait a day or two before running to garage ?
What the worst scenario that this fault can make ? limp home mode ? does this fault affect the cat some how ?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i also have an intermittent electronic fault light

dont have a scooby what it could be and determined not to put it in a garage.
but dont know where to start looking ?

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Mine did this after the car stood for 3 weeks while I was away abroad with work. First time I drove it after getting home about 3 min into my journey light came on, limited to 3k so pulled in to a side road, switched everything off, sat for a minute, started back up and has been fine ever since.

I was slightly confused too but remember reading somewhere that they dont like being sat for weeks without running, but that doesn't seem to be your problem......I would personally say you have nothing to worry about, but thats my opinion and I wouldn't rule out taking it to a garage if the problem occurs again.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
All this happened 2 days after I checked friend's TB on my car. So it might be related. He has this light for long time and just wanted to check that the TB is fine. On my car it was fine and worked sweet for 3 minutes when I checked it.
I spoke with speciallist renault mechanic and he said that this light related most of the times to the TB or pedal sensor. So now, I wait to him to come and check it on CLIP. By reading posts here, the worst thing is suddenly limp home mode that may occure just like yesterday. The only problem with it is that it can come suddenly at the middle of take over or something so for now I'll drive it easy until he will check it for sure.
In few hours I'm going to drive to stuides and hope not to have this light on again. At max, I'll switch it off of couple of minutes to reset the limp home mode. I have to used my car everyday so I can't just wait for the final check.
I hope for good.:eek: