ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic Fault Light, Revving at 2k.

172 Phase 2
Hi all,

Recently bought myself a clio 172 phase 2 in white.

Had a few issued with it from before its recently had a clutch gearbox crank sensor, and it ran mint for a bit then small issues alternator issues so replaced that
then PAS pump issues and auxillary belt rubbing on spring style tensioner.

Now all these are fixed its generated a Electronic light fault, I spoke to the previous owner and he said that he had the throttle body wiring done and the throttlebody cleaned. He also said about a wire he used to disconnect in the footwell and plug back in to reset limp mode.

Can anybody confirm or shed any light on this please? These clios really do seem to be a problemed car :\

Regards

172 Rally Car
Does the throttle work? If you turn the ignition to no2 and press the accelerator you should hear it move. It could also be a vacuum leak - maybe at the carbon canister connections if you have been messing around down there.

172 Phase 2
Throttle works i can drive it fine, It just idles at 2k, does fluctuate aswell. Carbon canister??..

thanks.