ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical problem

1.6 16v without an engine
last week my car stopped working when i took my old cd player out... the windows, central locking and the ignition (or it might of been the immobiliser) didnt work so it was undrivable..
i checked the fuse on the battery but it wasnt that,
ive checkked all the fuses and relays down by the side of the battery and it isnt any of them
ive checked all the fuses in the fuse box next to my passengers door and its none of them either :S , ive put a wire from my door lock button (constant battery power) to the fuse box and everything works again so this is just a temporary measure,
now everytime i work my windows i can hear a relay clicking from behind my glovebox and was wondering if this sounds like it might be that relay thats lost its power from the battery...???sound familiar to anyone??

much help appreciated

Nathe

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
my other clio used to mak that click noise everytime i put a window down but it never done anything to my car .. i knew it wasnt a normal noise tho, in saying that thomy headlights kept going pop lol:S sum1 must know the answer on this forum for u mate sadly i dont sorry!!

1.6 16v without an engine
no its meant to make that noise anyways... its a relay clicking... i was asking if that sounds what the problem might be?? faulty relay or maybe relay not getting power from battery or something

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Its possible you have damaged the UCH unit as it the only thing that is common to all the non operating circuits.

You say you have checked all the fuses, did you use a means other than simply looking at them ?

You can try disconnecting the battery neg terminal for 10 mins and see if it re-sets.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Its the box that controls all the body electrics, its under the dash behind the fuse board on the pax side.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Yep, get on your back in the pax foot-well and look up behind the dash...

only trouble is if it is the UCH they are one use only as they are coded to the key/immob/ecu and are about 300+ - I suggest that it might be this - try an auto electrician??

/y0z

LY 182
car wont crank either, hazards wont work?
had EXACTLY the same thing on a 1.2 16v today, was a fuse in the box at the side of the dash, double check the fuses.