ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Issue (Volvo)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so I've somehow managed to break the 54 plate S40 I'm using.

Got the battery light on the dashboard and from what I've tested the heated seats don't work, Auto on the fan dial is out and the rear heated screen doesn't function.

Likely to be a fuse out or something else do we think?
If fuse anyone know which one I'll need to swap?

Central locking, interior/exterior lights all work.

dan's cast offs.
Checked battery voltage on cranking and running?

Check connections on the body module as well, passengers with big feet can kick them.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, possible someone has kicked the fusebox as it’s in the top of the footwell.

Otherwise it’s probably worth plugging into VIDA and seeing what’s up.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Not carried a passenger for a while, I'll have a check for anything loose

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
And it's just died on my way home from work, Gf is coming to jump in it and call the RAC or whoever she's covered with

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've just spent the last 20 minutes looking through VIDA's technical information, which annoyingly doesn't include wiring diagrams. I don't think I can do anything to help you at the side of the road, it sounds possibly CEM related.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the effort, just lied and changed the reg she's covered for to the Volvo.

Jumped it and drive about a mile before the lights went and then the engine cut out.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently its the alternator according to the technician, borrowed the jump pack from work and left it connected to the battery whilst I drove it home.

Think I've got the Skittles touch as I'm only in this as my car us buggered.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I did think that but it doesn’t explain the other stuff not working. I think the CEM also controls the charging of the battery, but it needs properly looking at.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
If the battery is low o charge is it clever enough to cut off non essential electrics first?

Getting it in a garage later today so hopefully they won't pull my pants down as it's only a stop gap until I sort something else out.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking about it it does do funky things when the battery is nigh on flat, but usually it’s stuff like ABS faults and such. Could be that though.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
On the p1's it's always worth disconnecting the battery and removing the cem. Blow it out and refit it. They also suffer with slack pin tension on the networks

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a 2.0 petrol, 54 plate, Roadside mechanic thought it was the Alternator bearing? As it was quite noisy when it was running?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
What other things don't work in the car? Have you tested the charging rate?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm so far away from mechanically minded, Friday night the car just cut out driving along a main road.

Its in the garage as I need it for work so just got it in and hope they fix it.