ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical faults I'm looking for help advice on please

Clio 172 2001
Hi guys,

Im having some trouble with my 51 plate 172, and would be great full for any advice or potential fix's please.

My air con is showing temps in the +50 c on my dash.
Fig lights have stopped coming on altogether.
The digital display on my dash where my mileage is displayed doesn't respond when I push the button. So I can't use it to see how many miles on a particular journey!

Has anyone had these issues and know any tests I can perform? With the help if this forum I've already sorted a few things from reading through but any comments on the above would be greatly appreciated.

GSXR + KDX220
When you say showing 50deg on the dash, do you mean on the top display where the clock is or on the display next to the A/C controls?

The fogs could just be a fuse gone, as neither of them work. Check behind the panel on the side of the dash (you need to open the passenger door to see it)

Not sure about the dash button, are you pressing the one actually on the clocks or the button on the end of the wiper stalk?

Clio 172 2001
Hi again mate, and thanks for replying.

The 50 c is showing where the clock is. After trailing the forums I have found out the sensor for that temp is below the wing mirrors? I have read I can clean the mirrors out as some times sensors get wet. What do you think?

The fogs, how do I know if the fuse is gone? Again after reading I was told if the dash light still comes on for the fogs that means the fuse is ok, and that it could be a connector behind the passenger fog?

The dash button is a weird one, its the one actually connected to the cluster, and I haven't used for ages but just doesn't work!

Clio 172 2001
I have had the car jacked up and checked the back of passenger fog light as i read on the forum this is where the power goes to them. Only problem is I don't know what I'm looking at and whether its good or needs replacing etc, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clio 172 2001
Thanks for the reply Jack, when you say easy job, do you mean the sensor in the wing mirror? Are there any guides on how to do this or is it that easy?

More likely that it needs a new temp sensor easy job and doesn't cost much.

Dash display probably needs a new stalk.

Clio 172 2001
I've been doing some work on this over the past few weeks and thought I'd update the thread in hope that someones had the same issue.

Ok so the main issue I'm trying to solve is the front fogs.

The fog lights just stopped working and when I switch them on there is no click from the relay and the light on the dash does not come on. The rear works and the dash light comes on.

So far I have replaced the fuse and swapped the relay with another clio's that fog lights work. Still no sound from the relay and no light on the dash.

my car is a 51 plate 172.

if anyone can help would e Gretzky appreciated.

Clio 172 2001
Anyone had this before? I'm tempted to change the light stalk to see if that's the problem, anyone who can advise please?