ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault

R26
Afternoon all,

Ive had a problem with my 172 Cup for a couple of months now, it only happens when i go to about 6k rpm. It basically goes into limp mode with the electrical warning light on and i have to reset the engine for it be ok again.

I borrowed a code reader from Scott_182_Cup (cheers mate) just before xmas and the first code i got was P0120 which i reset, i researched the code on here and found it to be either the Throttle Pedal or the Throttle Body. I decided to wait a bit since resetting the code to see if it came back again before replacing any parts, finally after waiting for a while it happened again today but after i reset the engine the Emissions Light has come on but the error code is still the same of P0120.

Has anyone else had this? Should i go ahead and change the throttle pedal or is there something else wrong?

Its a 52 plate 172 cup, spark plugs are 2 years old, coil pack was replaced around the same time with a second hand one, car has an RSTuner remap, decat and SS catback exhaust.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance

Jacko

Fiesta ST2
on my old 1.2 mk2 I had the same type of issue only I wasnt revving any where near 6k rpm! It turned out to be the throttle Pedal potentiometer ! (basically a new pedal) as far as I know they are £36 and 3 bolts hold them on! (prices where about 2 years ago now!) hope this helps.

ff 182
i had this problem last month bought a new pedal and it was still doin it found out i had water gettin into my electric's.

R26
Gonna order a new one, dont think i could make it over to your garage in this weather Hutchie

Will update back here with the results

Black 172 :)
i've just got mine back from havin this problem, one of the connectors were dirty and coroaded so he changed that and bingo....

ff 182
its the connects in the loom wot goes into your (bulkhead) mine is goin bk into renault 2morrow its happened again