ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault?

Seat Altea XL
All lights work fine except the passenger side dipped beam.
Thought it was the bulb cause the filament was broken but a new bulb (which definitely works) is now in it and still no light!

Fuse is fine, doesnt seem to be any other obvious wires loose or anything.

Any ideas?! Its an 01 Dci 65

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There are separate fuses for left and right, have you checked them both ???

Seat Altea XL
Yeah, all fuses are fine, just to double check I switched the 2 around and still same result - Right dipped beam works fine, Left is dead!

Clio 172
I had exactly the same fault. I had a dodgy connection, I removed the twist in connector on the light unit then rescrewed it in and problem went away!

Seat Altea XL
I'll have to try that tomorrow!
I've a feeling i've had a few problems with that particular light in the past, its always had a bulb go when the right side has been ok, but hopefully its summit quite simple!

Any more suggestions?

Seat Altea XL
Just tried stripping the bulb holder apart and stuck it all back together and thought there was still no change, then found out there was a wee bit fell outta the holder which seems to be essential for holding it all together tight.
So just tried to stick it all back in as best i could and then by a miracle i find the bulb now works.
So gona see if i can get the wee bulb holder thing and get it sorted properly incase the bulb rattles about and blows