ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault 1.2

Hi all, new here. Trying to fix a 1.2 clio (03 plate). Occasionally it appears to go into limp home mode and srugggles to move. Starting is unaffected. Please see attached photo of the dash lights that iluminate when the problem occurs. A garage has run a diagnostic and it returns nothing though i will be checking this with my own saturday. Any thoughts people? Thank you
4toq60.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Are you unable to click on the image to enlarge? It should get bigger. Or is there something you cant see in it? Thanks.

Just the same mate. I am thinking issue is down to either, Lambda, coil pack, MAP, throttle body or TDC sensor. But i am not familiar with this car at all. Hoping to narrow it down to one or two things, dont want to be going on a wild run buying all these bits for an old car. Cheers

Right ok. Would that really put it in limp mode then? I am based near Peterborough, its actually my GFs car. I beleive when it happened the first time the engine heater or 'heartbeat' light was illuminated too.

I havent been in the vehicle when it has happened so dont know about the misfiring. Will ask her if it sounded funny :laughing:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If the light came on then yeah more than likely.

Will be an injector or coil/plug related.