ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Windows on working...

DC2 Black Type Rx
Just a bit of advise really before i have to pay for some guy to look at me car.

My electric windows for the Valver stopped working this morning and have checked the fuses and all seems to be well. Any ideas of what else i could check?

I'm pretty sure its not connected but also last night my central locking on the key fob isn't working for the drivers side door. The door will still lock with the key, but it won't with the fob. All other doors and boot locks as normal.

Just thought this was strange as this morning i have issues with both windows and the lock.

Any advise please.

Thanks
Neil

Williams2,Willy rall
Neil.
You did not say if it was the drivers window or passenger side.I have replaced the door pocket switch,about £14+ (If I remember).For both my Williams and my wifes "valver" both on 'M, plates ~~ drivers door.A fairly common occurenceon older cars ,as the contacts on the rocker switch,get corroded.You take the door pocket off,about 6 torx screws,push the switch out from underneath,replace the switch and job done ~~ 30 mins. max.If you are in the Burnley/lancashire area,I will do it for free,and I can get you the switches if you want.If it aint that ~~ cannot help.I would try that first though.Any problems pm or email me.
Rod.

DC2 Black Type Rx
Thanks Rod for the advise, will check it at the weekend because of the dark nights.

I am in Surrey so a bit of a way from you!

Its both windows this morning!!!! Seems strange that both go at the same time! Yeah mine is a M plater Valver.

Will be in contact if i have issues. Will check the switches!

Thanks again!

Neil

DC2 Black Type Rx
Thinking about it, it can't be the switches as i have two on the drivers side and one on the passenger side and they all couldn't have just given up at the same time???

Any other suggestions people?

Thanks
Neil

Williams2,Willy rall
Oops !!!!
'Fraid I cannot help you.unless all have gone ~~~~ bit of a long shot though !!!
Sorry.