ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric window wiring & uch help

Currently having problems on my dci with windows. The drivers window worked, but no Passanger window. Took the door off & tested independent of the car, worked fine up & down.
Decided stupidly to wire both doors into the one drivers window switch. So they both went up & down together. Which worked for about 3 month. However then they both obviously stopped working, nothing no relay noise, dead!
Swapped the switch over on the drivers door & got the relay noise from the uch again (im guessing i burnt the switch out) but no window movement. Removed the wiring I'd added from the drivers door to Passanger window motor. Put a multimeter on the drivers switch I'm getting power there, but no power to the drivers side motor. I again removed the Passanger door & it still works independent of the car.

I need to test the drivers side motor yet, But my suspicions are there must be something wrong between the relay in the uch & back to the motors, however I'm a little confused as to how it's on both sides of the car? Anyone any ideas or a dumbed down wiring diagram of the window circuits.
On a side note can I try another uch from another car? I know I won't be able to start the car etc & will I be able to just plug in my original uch after & drive the car?
Thanks