ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric steering

Clio Sport Ragnotti
Hi guys!
I have a 172 cup and i want replace the hydraulic power steering and install a electric steering.
What i need? Please!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Electric steering column with ecu, can either use your original steering rack with a little modifying or rack from dci, you'll need variable assistance controller from eBay (I'll find you a link in a bit) then some power/earth wiring and a way of fusing the

There are many threads on here with plenty of info as well on this subject :smile: have a look on the search function for epas conversion and they'll come up

Oh you'll need a shorter aux belt too, forgot that bit

Clio Sport Ragnotti
thanks!
then i need...
- Electric steering column with ecu of DCI
- steering rack of DCI
- variable assistance controller
- short aux belt
- tie rod and tie rod end of DCI or 172 Cup???

an electrical diagram? please

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You can still use the 172 rack if you want but you'll need to blank off the 4 outlets where the hoses go and then make a bridge pipe to go on the middle of the rack.

If you get the variable assist from the guy on ebay it'll come with an electrical diagram, such as item 180984984338 that is currently available