ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric fault light? pic included

B

bigrich690

Hi guys was just driving along when my engine management light and electric fault light came on, my car suddenly started to drive sluggish and wouldnt rev much, was as if it went into get home mode? anyone know what is wrong or what to do to sort it ive attatched a pic of the fault light

problem1.jpg

B

bigrich690

just had the diagnostic on my car and we recon its the pedel sensor thats duff, can anyone else back me up on this one as i dont want to buy a new one and find out its a waste of money, also are the pedels on a standard non sport clio the same as the sport ones? and dont suppose there is anyone in the area that fancies telling me try theres to see if that is the problem, only 3 10mm bolts and unplug so find out?

B

bigrich690

contact cleaner? will give it ago when i find out what that is lol, is that something you or someone you know has done or just a guess?

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
That's what happened to me the other day pal.

Check your battery connection to make sure its not slipping?
After reading a fair few threads a lot have said that the diagnostic readings seem to be a red herring and after changing said part, there is no change.
But try contact cleaner anyway.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Yeah, no problems after.
I'm guessing that the ECU reset itself anyway.
If there would have been any recurring problems, surely the light would just come back on? Which it hasn't.

B

bigrich690

just checked the battery, and everything is sound there, with the fault code coming up on the fault finder my best bet is starting there, it came up with 3 fault inicially, one was the pedal sensor, one was for the air con and another was for something else to do with the pedal, so we reset them all and the pedal sensor one came back up again after we restared it all, so will give that a shot, just need a friendly local with a clio sport to let me borrow there pedal for 2 mins and see if mine really is duffy? lol like that will happen :D

B

bigrich690

also took the pedal off and sprayed on some contact cleaner, but its still managed to limp on the way home, so ive ordered a second hand pedal to see if its that, will update when ive changed and tested it for a few days

Dynamique 1.2 2003
I had this exact same problem , linked it to diagnostics and found out it was a faulty connection in the accelerator pedal , went renault and got a new accelerator pedal and fitting for £40

B

bigrich690

well i changed the pedal and it made no difference, went to get the faults taken off again in hope that this will all be sorted and no such luck, the minute i drove away the limp mode started, fallowed by the engine management light, disconnected the battery for a bit and still no change, what should i check or change next?

Seat Ibiza
Could it be the wiring to the pedal sensor. surely there are readings you can check at the pins on the ECU, i'd try this before changing costly parts mate.
Its alright having a plug in tool, but you got to know how to read it, there are so many readings that link to other things if you see what i mean!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Snap, This just literally happened to me on the way to work ! wtf is going on with these cars lol

It happened to me about 6 month ago, went over a speed bump and the electronic light came on followed by engine management, got it plugged in and it was the pedal sensor ! reset the light and it only just came back today, must be a duff connection for it to be this intermittent.

Getting mine onto a fault reader soon to see if it's that and if it is i'm pulling the pedals out and checking what the crack is.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Fixed, remove pedal and clean the connectors, put back together and light turns itself off after a few miles :p

B

bigrich690

did this first time round and still no luck having it seen to tonight via the laptop eeeek, but hope he finds the fault

Milltek'd clio 182
brake pedal sensor about 14 pound, i had the same but my lights were traction and abs light, its gone now, and now i get the air bag service light appear lol one thing after another

B

bigrich690

well ive had the main man look at this for the last hour and a half and we've near enough narrowed it down to it being the wiring betweek the pedal and the ecu, so im away from tomorrow so it'll be next week before we can go forward with this but the plan is to some how get the wiring diagram for the car and chop and link between the pedal and the ecu and see if there is a brake in the wire, only problem is it has to be a near enough legit wiring job so we can drive the car and see if the light comes on and if it still comes on then i hate to say it but it may be the ecu, which i have hear on here can go at anytime same as anything eeeeeeeekkkkk

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
If it's part of the loom I'd imagine the putter sleeve of the wire will be rubbed away or worn, you checked the female connectors are sitting properly in the plastic clip ?

clio 182
well ive had the main man look at this for the last hour and a half and we've near enough narrowed it down to it being the wiring betweek the pedal and the ecu, so im away from tomorrow so it'll be next week before we can go forward with this but the plan is to some how get the wiring diagram for the car and chop and link between the pedal and the ecu and see if there is a brake in the wire, only problem is it has to be a near enough legit wiring job so we can drive the car and see if the light comes on and if it still comes on then i hate to say it but it may be the ecu, which i have hear on here can go at anytime same as anything eeeeeeeekkkkk

why the heck are you chopping wires and linking to see if theres a "break" all u need is a pin diagram of ecu ( wich you would need any way ) to tell u what pin corresponds to the wires at the plug and just test the wires with a multi meter for continuity surly would be far easier and quicker? :S