ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elec Nr/Side Window Not Workin

i have been tryin to sort out this problem for ages wonder if u can give me any advice. the window doesnt work when i press either of the switches for it i have taken it apart and found out that neither switch is gettin any voltage but wat does this mean????

jst in case it matters my clock aint workin either

Thanks for any help you can give

TT 225

Clock is completely seperate - infact I had mine out at weekend cos it stopped working - had a dry joint on the circuit board so got my dad to solder it for me - then refitted it and its fine!

Re the window - it could be the window regulator, because mine also broke lol (dont you just love clios!)

I got a second hand one from the local french scrap yard (cost £30) cos Renault wanted £120 + VAT!

Pulled the door apart and fixed that myself too :)

my clock dont work either. it does for a whiel then stops. i found a lose wire behind my dash yesterday u reckon its anything to do with that?

TT 225

maybe - i pulled the clock out and its just a 3 prong plug that goes into it. didnt have to mess with the wiring

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Iknow this sounds strange but have you checked the big wiring loom plugs ?? The ones that go to the doors via the body work. AThey have two big rubber plugs that join in the door shut !! Near the front wing. If they have worked lose then that may be your problem, also check the drivers side one as well. Coz if that s loose then the pass side wont work either !

Or have you checked all your fuses !!

Couple of ideas to try before you go spending money.

I presume that you have checked the plugs going to the switches as well !!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Sounds simple but these window switches and wiring are quite complex.

The drivers side switch (6 pin) for the passenger window should have a 12v supply in BOTH the yellow wires (ignition on) If you dont have a supply at these wires, first check the fuses. If the fuses (30A Green) are ok, then remove the plug from the door shut and pull back the rubber sleeve around the wiring. Check to see if there are any broken wires in this loom.

If these are OK then do the same with the N/S plug and loom, although the colours in the N/S loom are of a different colour (BROWN and GREY) Check to see if you have 12volts here.

You will also need to check the continuity/resistance of the window motor.

I cant diagnose this fault for you here but if you would like some more help, then PM me with your email address so I can send you a wiring diagram and what reading to expect at each wire when using an OHM/VOLT meter.

Bob RTE

cheers bob mate i mite take u up on that offer, i ave checked the fuses and kept my fingers crossed wen prsse the button but the fcukin things still dnt work, ill play with the plugs in the door shut 2moro and let u kno how i get on. cheers again