ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach sportlines - very high?

I've been looking at selling my sportlines and buying coilovers as I wanna drop my car another 10mm or so

But looking at other peoples cars with sportlines - i'm kinda confused why mine is so high

182 on sportlines...
08062008003.jpg

My 172 cup on sportlines..
cup_wheels_on_car.jpg

The back seems sort of the same - but the front seems 10mm higher on mine?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Oh Im not sure then. But yea my Sportlines on my 1.2 were a red/pink colour.

Definitely fitted properly?

172 cup
By the way have you take into consideration yours is lighter, there for it wont lower them as much. Mine sat like yours did when I had 16's fuzzy

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
it does still seem to still a bit high, I have sportlines on my cup, it did raise the rear a touch over standard cup springs but the front came down a lot but yours does look a lot higher than mine

I'd rather it sat about 15mm lower all round really
It rolls way too much on bends

I know my last car was a 106gti on billies with a roll cage and 24mm rear ARB - but still it feels high and rolls too much :(

MK2 172 FF
the sportlines lower upto 50mm
the prokit lower upto 25mm
so the sport lines should be lower

182 FF
They'll be off second weekend in March mate - if you want them they're yours as your local so I can deliver
Save postage hassle
Yes mate sounds perfect to me, been paid today so i'll push some money to the side. As long as we can agree on a price you've got them sold. PM me closer to the time and i'll keep an eye out.
I'd be happy to meet you halfway possibly collect them.

Cheers

Nath

BLK RSC172
just a question what size rims are you running mate? because 15's will make the clio look like that.

Golf GTD Mk7
does look a little high to me, although weight will make a difference. you're going to get issues with body role regardless of the springs really. I've got the prolines and it still roles. As said, solid top mounts and coilovers are the best way, but lowering the car doesn't mean it will handle better ;)

Clio 197
Lighter car = less spring compression.

Partucilarly if it's a progressive spring - the first bit of 'bounce' is pretty soft compared to the rest.