ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Pro's with Cup shocks - bumpy to start??

Morning all,

Just had new Eibach pro springs fitted with new cup shocks and the steering almost feels looser. Is this just a consequence of the new stuff?
Going to go fora proper break in drive today and see how it is.

Cheers

mk1 Octavia VRS
Was the tracking done after fitting? If not then get it done, if it was then you can probably put the difference in steering feel down to that.

I was wondering that though it runs straight as it was. I also changed a lot of bushes for poly too so this is probably my best time to get it done. Might have to wait till September though :(
Cheers

mk1 Octavia VRS
After changing ride height the tracking will be out - chances are it's out by about the same amount both sides so it still drives straight. I'd get it done ASAP otherwise it will cause uneven wear on your tyres.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Morning all,

Just had new Eibach pro springs fitted with new cup shocks and the steering almost feels looser. Is this just a consequence of the new stuff?

Cheers
Morning mate,

Thinking about it, you will have an increase in -camber now that its lowered. Maybe you will need camber bolts to get it fine tuned.
I forgot to ask about the tracking, just assumed it was sorted.

Let me know how it goes, CCM at sighthill have been recommended for alignment.

Cheers, I have also got a bit of knocking or something strange coming from rear area which I haven't ID'd either yet but going to jack up soon and look into. Maybe need new front ARB clamps for those bushes, a mess after changing them the other week.
Thanks for the recommendation too, still don't know all the places available near Edinburgh.

Morning all,

Cheers
I had the same steering feel, I put it down to the Eibach springs being progressive wound where the standard springs are fixed rate.
I had pros and sprortline and the both felt bouncy compared to standard 182 cup springs, I hate that nodding dog feeling it just makes the car tiring to drive.
They were fitted to new genuine 182 cup dampers. I sold both sets after about a 1000miles I felt they took the edge off the car.

So just to eradicate doubt over the pro springs: I had a rear disc binding which was the rear Noise, a front left ball joint which affected the tracking and a front left top mount which is causing creaking on the front. The handling and ride with the pro springs is great and I think the drop is nice.